We discovered these old posters under a layer of linoleum when the old floor was torn out in 2006:
Only half of this poster survived. We have no idea what beer was good enough to be called "the family beer."
Pictured left is our building in the early 1900's when it was Herrick and Reed, a grocery store. We assume this picture was taken with the families of the two owners. Notice the old "gasolene" filling station sitting on the sidewalk. Also, Wyandotte Street was yet to be built (left side of building).
Noch Eins was the name of a beer brewed by Washington Brewery that was located south of The Ohio State University on the Olentangy River.
This poster is dated 1939.